Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Salame Salami

So the new job is going fairly well. I think I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter where you work, if your priorities are not life, you won't be satisfied. With my industry, it's increasingly difficult to find an employer that will truly take care of its employees. Certainly there are ups and downs, monetary compensation is a large part of that, however; it's not the only determining factor. I'm on this train of thought since I referred a friend to my firm and this is his first week. It's a bit daunting when you own reputation is put on the line in front of that of your employer. Can anyone honestly say that their company has their back? If you can, stick with them and be thankful you don't have to look for another job because you've already found that perfect one. On a side note, some old co-workers have invited me to a weekend in Banff. These guys (and a few gals) are all from my old company. It's nice that they have stayed in touch but it's becoming harder to find common ground. I'm not in the everyday loop and without that constant interaction, conversation with co-workers quickly turns dull. These guys also love to ski/snowboard. I'm not a big winter sports person (hockey is an exception) so it's going to be a bit of a tough choice for going or not. I also feel bad for leaving my wife for the whole weekend. Plenty of time to think about it since it's not until March. This has been a bit of a weird week. I'm staying at my parent's house, taking care of their dog and my grandmother. Needless to say, I have more time on my hands. It's not so bad. I'm catching up on some old games (Madden 06 - yes, I'm just dicking around for some achievement points!) And I'm going to give WoW one more go before seeing if I will call it quits in March. Anyway, next post will be on topic and not random drivel. Ta.

No comments: